-   -   Copy and Pasting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/101018-copy-pasting.html)

JZ

Copy and Pasting

I have a large sheet in my workbook where the data is updated from another
file everyday using copy and paste special: values. However, there are a
couple of rows in my worksheet that contain formulas that become overriden
everyday when the other file is copied and pasted into my worksheet. Is
there a way to freeze the formula so that everything is pasted over, except
the few formulas that I have in place in the sheet?

Max

Copy and Pasting

"JZ" wrote:
I have a large sheet in my workbook where the data is updated from another
file everyday using copy and paste special: values. However, there are a
couple of rows in my worksheet that contain formulas that become overriden
everyday when the other file is copied and pasted into my worksheet. Is
there a way to freeze the formula so that everything is pasted over, except
the few formulas that I have in place in the sheet?

Some thoughts. Perhaps a re-design? Try cutting out those rows of formulas*
and pasting these at the top (or put these on another new sheet), instead of
having these formula rows intermingled within the data. Then the daily data
could always be refreshed/pasted clean below. It's always better to avoid
intermingling formula rows within data, unless the data area is fixed.
*some formulas may need to be revised accordingly, depending
--
Max
Singapore