-   -   data in primay field changed however subsequent field does not upd (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100941-data-primay-field-changed-however-subsequent-field-does-not-upd.html)

tan

data in primay field changed however subsequent field does not upd

this problem make me too irritated and wonder if anyone else has come across
this

I want a report name in multiple fields thus I make one as primary field
where I name it and then link other cells to primary field thus if I change
anything to primary field subsequent linked fields shoudl change accordingly,
however sometime it does not happen until I go to subsequent field and double
click

Like wise, there are five cells and say 6th field is my sum field, if I
change anythig to any cell between 1-5 the total should change automatically
however it does not happen till I go the total field cell and double click to
update

Please advise if anyone else has ever come across such wierd issue with Excel

Vincnet.

data in primay field changed however subsequent field does not upd

Have you checked your calculation option? It seems it is locked on "Manual"...
--
A+

V.