-   -   Enter free form text into box upon opening excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100915-enter-free-form-text-into-box-upon-opening-excel.html)

dan

Enter free form text into box upon opening excel

(i don't know if this is possible). Can you create a box that popups when you
open excel and enter information into it that will then populate certain
cells in other spreadsheets (in the same workbook)? What is the box called? I
have figured out how to build both a dialog box and a user form to have the
buttons and the fields that I want but I can't get it to pupup on opening the
workbook and I can't get it to reference the field. I want the informtation
to be free form text.

Any help would be great-

Thanks!

mrice

Enter free form text into box upon opening excel

There are a couple of ways to trigger the appearance of a userform on
start up.

1 call the macro Auto_open and locate it on a module sheet
2 Call the macro Workbook_open and place it on the ThisWorkbook tab in
the VBA editor

The code would be something like

Sub Auto_open()
UserForm1.Show

mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564289

dan

Enter free form text into box upon opening excel

Thanks -

I appreciate the help!

dan