-   -   Hyperlink options gone from shortcut menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100617-hyperlink-options-gone-shortcut-menu.html)

[email protected]

Hyperlink options gone from shortcut menu

We have a user who works with hyperlinks in Excel.

On a "typical" copy of Excel 2003, when right-clicking on a cell, you
get a Hyperlink menu option. When right-clicking on a cell with a
hyperlink, you get options to Open Hyperlink, Edit Hyperlink and Delete
Hyperlink. On this user's copy you used to get those options. Today,
those options no longer appear.

We have absolutely no idea how that could have happened. Anyone?

--
Jeremy Billones

Marcelo

Hyperlink options gone from shortcut menu

Hi,

the options disapear or are gray out?
is sheet protected?

regards from Brazil
Marcelo

Marcelo wrote:
the options disapear or are gray out?
is sheet protected?

Sheet is unprotected, and the options are completely absent.

Jeremy

" escreveu:

We have a user who works with hyperlinks in Excel.

On a "typical" copy of Excel 2003, when right-clicking on a cell, you
get a Hyperlink menu option. When right-clicking on a cell with a
hyperlink, you get options to Open Hyperlink, Edit Hyperlink and Delete
Hyperlink. On this user's copy you used to get those options. Today,
those options no longer appear.

We have absolutely no idea how that could have happened. Anyone?

--
Jeremy Billones

[email protected]

Hyperlink options gone from shortcut menu

Turns out the end user was opening the file as an email attachment,
rather than saving the file and opening it directly.

Once he saved the file and opened the saved copy, it functioned
normally.

--
Jeremy Billones