-   -   footer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100584-footer.html)

hornless unicorn

footer

how do i stop a footer from showing on the first page?

JMB

footer

Check the answeres to this thread that asks the same question regarding a
header.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...2-5024cca16959

"hornless unicorn" wrote:

how do i stop a footer from showing on the first page?

Gord Dibben

footer

You will have to use VBA or print page 1 as a separate print job with no Footer.

See Ron de Bruin's site for the VBA.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:08:02 -0700, hornless unicorn
wrote:

how do i stop a footer from showing on the first page?

JMB

footer

You could also set page 1 up on a separate worksheet w/o a footer. For the
tab w/pages 2-whatever, if you have page numbering you could use

&[page}+1 / &[pages}+1

to account for page one.

"hornless unicorn" wrote:

how do i stop a footer from showing on the first page?

Ron de Bruin

footer

Not forget to add a space after the 1

&[Page]+1

See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/48198/en-us

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"hornless unicorn" wrote:

how do i stop a footer from showing on the first page?

JMB

footer

My machine doesn't seem to care (once I properly change the braces } to
brackets ] )

Page&[Page]+1Of&[Pages]+1Pages

gives the result I expect (it needs spacing to make it readable, but the
lack of spaces didn't cause any other problems that I could see). I could
see a problem if you wanted a particular number printed in the footer (say a
1) so that Excel doesn't treat +1 as +11.

"hornless unicorn" wrote:

how do i stop a footer from showing on the first page?

hornless unicorn

footer

Thanks for the help, but WOW, that's ridiculously complicated.