-   -   locking formula in cells in without locking whole sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100565-locking-formula-cells-without-locking-whole-sheet.html)

SuziQ

locking formula in cells in without locking whole sheet

I have spreadsheet for people to use so that they can insert data but I dont
want them to be able to delete or change formula in the related cells. I am
using Excel 2003

tim m

locking formula in cells in without locking whole sheet

For the cells the people are allowed to input data go:
Format....cells....protection...and uncheck the 'locked' box.
Then protect the whole worksheet, this will allow them only to enter data in
the cells you have formatted as not locked.