-   -   How do I add multiple variables to a pivot table simulaneously (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100537-how-do-i-add-multiple-variables-pivot-table-simulaneously.html)

Sreejith

How do I add multiple variables to a pivot table simulaneously

I want to add some columns to the pivot table. i do this by dragging the
items to the data area. How can I add many items at the same time instead of
dragging them one by one.

Bernie Deitrick

How do I add multiple variables to a pivot table simulaneously

Dragging one by one is how it is done, or write a macro that does it for you.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Sreejith" wrote in message
I want to add some columns to the pivot table. i do this by dragging the
items to the data area. How can I add many items at the same time instead of
dragging them one by one.

Sreejith

How do I add multiple variables to a pivot table simulaneously

Is that the only way to do it. I have to routinely add 100 or so variables.

"Sreejith" wrote in message
I want to add some columns to the pivot table. i do this by dragging the
items to the data area. How can I add many items at the same time instead of
dragging them one by one.

Bernie Deitrick

How do I add multiple variables to a pivot table simulaneously

If you need to do it a lot, either set up a template, with the pivot table defined, and then copy
the new data over your old data table, or record a macro.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Sreejith" wrote in message
I want to add some columns to the pivot table. i do this by dragging the
items to the data area. How can I add many items at the same time instead of
dragging them one by one.

shadestreet

How do I add multiple variables to a pivot table simulaneously

I have the same issue, and I have a Macro that works... sometimes.

Problem is that I haven't found a good way to "reset" the pivot table
or chart in the macro. I have 3 different Macros to run in a single
Pivot Chart, each gives me a different graph. But one of them doesn't
use a "Page Field", so the Macros seem to get messed up if I run them
back to back (keep in mind I know 0 VBA, I only record macros). Is
there an easy way to completely clear out a Pivot chart or table within
the Macro as the first step before it starts adding stuff?

--
shadestreet
shadestreet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7092