-   -   How to avoid discrepancy when copy date? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100531-how-avoid-discrepancy-when-copy-date.html)

Bill.liu

How to avoid discrepancy when copy date?

Iwhen I copy the date from one file to another ,the date changed.
For example:original date is "May 24,2006" but it changed into "May 23,2002"
when I copy them from one file to another.And it always change the year from
other into 2002.

David Biddulph

"Bill.liu" wrote in message
Iwhen I copy the date from one file to another ,the date changed.
For example:original date is "May 24,2006" but it changed into "May
23,2002"
when I copy them from one file to another.And it always change the year
from
other into 2002.

Look at Tools/ Options/ Calculation: 1904 date system. I presume that one
file has this set and the other unset.
--
David Biddulph