-   -   Named range=Column title,comumn title in cellB6 use B6in equation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100519-named-range%3Dcolumn-title-comumn-title-cellb6-use-b6in-equation.html)

Graham

Named range=Column title,comumn title in cellB6 use B6in equation

I am trying to type a column title in a cell say B6, the column title = a
named range.
then I want to use the cell reference B6 in an equation that counts the
number of times a word appears in the named range? Is this Possible?
example SUMPRODUCT(--(b6="wip"))

Ardus Petus

Named range=Column title,comumn title in cellB6 use B6in equation

=COUNTIF(INDIRECT(B6),"wip")

HTH
--
AP

"Graham" a écrit dans le message de news:
I am trying to type a column title in a cell say B6, the column title = a
named range.
then I want to use the cell reference B6 in an equation that counts the
number of times a word appears in the named range? Is this Possible?
example SUMPRODUCT(--(b6="wip"))

Ron de Bruin

Named range=Column title,comumn title in cellB6 use B6in equation

Hi Graham

See the help for Indirect
=COUNTIF(INDIRECT(B6),"wip")

--