-   -   How not to lose data when working on the same shared document? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100496-how-not-lose-data-when-working-same-shared-document.html)

KK Ong

How not to lose data when working on the same shared document?

We set up an excel table where everyone updates fruit juice orders every
morning in our company. Placed it in a shared folder. However, we find out
that 2 out of 5 days, one person's order would not be reflected although the
person said that they saved the excel document. Could this be because Excel
cannot handle document sharing and updates? If no, is it a settings problem
and how can I set it in such a way that all the updates get reflected in the
end and no one loses data because maybe another person is in the process of
editing the document at the same time?
KK Ong )