-   -   Cumulated interest paid (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100488-cumulated-interest-paid.html)

melafont

Cumulated interest paid

I was wanting a formula to return the cumulative interest paid between
two periods on a loan which has a residual value. Similar to CUMIPMT
but it does not factor in a residual value.

--
melafont
melafont's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36610

Fred Smith

Cumulated interest paid

a1=(FV at p1 - FV at p2) is the amount that the principal decreased between
start-period (p1) and end-period (p2).
a2=PMT * (p2 - p1) is the total payments made in that period.

=a2-a1 is the total interest charged over that period.

Fred

"melafont" wrote in
message ...