-   -   noncontiguous cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100454-noncontiguous-cells.html)

Vivian

noncontiguous cells

I need to sum up a column of noncontiguous cells.
(eg. G3+G6+G9+G12); with the result being presented at
the bottom of the column.

However, whenever I insert rows in between the data and
the row that contains the total sum, I need to manually adjust the summation
formula.(eg. formula above + G15+G18+G21).
On the other hand, when I delete the rows in between the data and row that
contains the total sum, a reference error pops up. (so I need to manually
adjust my formula again)

I have at least 50 columns to perform this summation for. Is there any sort
of formula that helps to minimize the manual labour?

Thanks you in advance!

Mallycat

noncontiguous cells

Vivian Wrote:
However, whenever I insert rows in between the data and
the row that contains the total sum, I need to manually adjust the
summation
formula.(eg. formula above + G15+G18+G21).

This doesn't seem right. Excel by default caters for rows being added.
Can you explain the exact sequence of events, or post a sample
spreadsheet

--
Mallycat
Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35514

RagDyeR

noncontiguous cells

Say that your datalist goes from G3 to G99.

You could enter this in G2 or G100, or wherever:

=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(ROW(INDIRECT("G3:G99")),3)=0)*IND IRECT("G3:G99"))

--
HTH,

RD