-   -   Sum error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100353-sum-error.html)

Michael

Sum error

Hi, I would like to sum a range of non contiguous data eg b1,d1,f1,h1,j1 but
some of these cells contain #div/0! (because the fields they sum do not yet
contain data). I have seen the answers relating to a continous range but the
answers do not work when the range is non-continous because of the commas in
the sum range.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Don Guillett

Sum error

try fixing your formulas so you don't get div/0

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi, I would like to sum a range of non contiguous data eg b1,d1,f1,h1,j1
but
some of these cells contain #div/0! (because the fields they sum do not
yet
contain data). I have seen the answers relating to a continous range but
the
answers do not work when the range is non-continous because of the commas
in
the sum range.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Marcelo

Sum error

on the source formulas, use iserror function to solve the #div/0! that you
have.

eg if(iserror(a1/a2),0,(a1/a2))

hth
regards from Brazil