-   -   Summarize only numbers printed in Bold? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100221-re-summarize-only-numbers-printed-bold.html)

B.Esbaum

Summarize only numbers printed in Bold?

I can't get a "colorindex" formula to work. What do I need to do to get the
formula below to work? =colorindex(A1) ? ? ?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

That is what it does, to be able to do that you must know what to SUM right?
Bob's function returns the fillcolor index so to sum all red cells use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(colorindex(A1:A100)=3),A1:A100)

or you can use a help column to return the index

=colorindex(A1)

copy down as long as needed then use

=SUMIF(B1:B100,3,A1:A100)

Peo Sjoblom

"Anna" wrote in message
I would like to summarize the numbers that are in the coloured cells, not

the number of coloured cells. Is there anyway of doing this?
Thanks!!

"Bob Phillips" skrev:

For the fill colour, see

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html
Processing Coloured Cells

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Anna" wrote in message
Hello,

Is there any way I can make a formula that only summarizes the numbers

in
one column that are bold? Or one formula that only summarizes the

numbers
that are written in a cell with a particular Fill Color?

Thankful for all your help!

Dave Peterson

Summarize only numbers printed in Bold?

=Colorindex() sounds like it may have come from Chip Pearson's site.
http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm