-   -   query criteria parameters "contains" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100202-query-criteria-parameters-contains.html)

Sum Limit and marking

query criteria parameters "contains"

I've created a query that I want to run from excel but with the criteria I
want to use within the query I am not able to acheive this. The criteria I
want to use is "contains" and I've tried using the [], but it does not work
the same way as if I was using the criteria of "Equals" or "Between". Can
anyone help me?

Thanks.

FSt1

query criteria parameters "contains"

hi,
not sure what you mean by "contains" but look up the LIKE operator in vb
help. alt+f11help. if i read you correctly, this may be what you are looking
for.

regards
FSt1

"Sum Limit and marking" wrote:

I've created a query that I want to run from excel but with the criteria I
want to use within the query I am not able to acheive this. The criteria I
want to use is "contains" and I've tried using the [], but it does not work
the same way as if I was using the criteria of "Equals" or "Between". Can
anyone help me?

Thanks.

Sum Limit and marking

query criteria parameters "contains"

"contains" is a criteria that can be selected to filter the data within a
query. Its a selection simliar to "equals", "like", or "between" when adding
a criteria to a query.

acheive the same solution as "contains".

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.