-   -   Remove white spaces in Back (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100133-remove-white-spaces-back.html)

dziw

Remove white spaces in Back

Hi
I used =trim(A1) to remove for the front space and it works. Is there a
way to remove the back space after the characters in column.

--
dziw
dziw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10422

CLR

Remove white spaces in Back

ASAP Utilities, a free Add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has
features that will do this for you easily..

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"dziw" wrote:

Hi
I used =trim(A1) to remove for the front space and it works. Is there a
way to remove the back space after the characters in column.

--
dziw
dziw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10422
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562973

Gord Dibben

Remove white spaces in Back

The TRIM function removes leading and trailing spaces but not spaces between
words or separate strings in a cell.

Why do you think you still have trailing spaces after using TRIM?

Try this in A1......enter 3 spaces then qwerty then 3 more spaces.

In B1 enter =LEN(A1) should return 10

In A2 enter =TRIM(A1)

In B2 enter =LEN(A2) should return 6

If you are not getting rid of the trailing spaces, perhaps they are HTML
non-breaking spaces....CHAR(160)

You can try editreplace

what: ALT + 0160(from the numpad)

with: nothing