-   -   Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/100099-pivot-table.html)

LB79

Pivot Table

Hi - does anyone know a piece of code that will change the range my
pivot table reads from?

Thanks

--
LB79
LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12156

MarkM

Pivot Table

You can use the offset function to accomplish this. There is a lot of good
help on this throughout the discussion group and on Debras site
http://www.contextures.com (where I first learned about it)

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A),2)

-The COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A) will adjust the number of rows for the table as
new data is added.
- You can change the 2 to the number of columns in your pivot table source
data. For example if your data had 15 columns in it then change the 2 to 15.

Optionally, if the number of columns will also change then change the 2 to
this COUNTA(Sheet1!$1:$1).

Hope this helps.

"LB79" wrote:

Hi - does anyone know a piece of code that will change the range my
pivot table reads from?

Thanks

--
LB79
LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12156
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562856

MarkM

Pivot Table

Sorry, the full link to get to the correct page
is:http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

"LB79" wrote:

Hi - does anyone know a piece of code that will change the range my
pivot table reads from?

Thanks

--
LB79
LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12156
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562856

LB79

Pivot Table

Thanks for that formular.
Do you know if there is a way to do it in VBA?

--
LB79
LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12156
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562856

MarkM

Pivot Table

I am sure there is, I don't know much about VBA. I have just started to
learn a little bit about VBA myself. You may want to try posting this in the
programming group.