-   -   Why does Excel create multiple copies of the same file? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10006-why-does-excel-create-multiple-copies-same-file.html)

TJRUFF

Why does Excel create multiple copies of the same file?

I have been using an Excel file called Ticklers for a long time. When I open
it now it opens three files called Ticklers:1, Ticklers:2 and Ticklers:3. I
have never made these extra files. Why is it happening?

Harald Staff

This is the same file, just different windows, like three tv screens showing
the same reality from different angles. Close two of them using the inner X
up rignt to get rid of them.

HTH. Best wishes Haralkd

"TJRUFF" skrev i melding
I have been using an Excel file called Ticklers for a long time. When I

open
it now it opens three files called Ticklers:1, Ticklers:2 and Ticklers:3.

have never made these extra files. Why is it happening?

TJRuff

Thanks for you input. It was a great help.