-   -   How do I point out a specific date on a line graph in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/98915-how-do-i-point-out-specific-date-line-graph-excel.html)

Keylay31

How do I point out a specific date on a line graph in Excel?

Hello. I have a few series on a line graph in excel. I want to point out
specific dates without having to manually add a arrow, textbox, or line.
Ideally, I would like to be able to have a vertical line on a specific date
that would indicate before and after. Thanks.

Kelly O'Day

"Keylay31" wrote in message
Hello. I have a few series on a line graph in excel. I want to point out
specific dates without having to manually add a arrow, textbox, or line.
Ideally, I would like to be able to have a vertical line on a specific
date
that would indicate before and after. Thanks.

Keylay31:

Here is a link to a how-to and download for adding a vertical line to an XY
chart.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_vertical_line.htm

...Kelly

Debra Dalgleish

How do I point out a specific date on a line graph in Excel?

Jon Peltier has instructions for adding lines to a chart:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...s.html#AddLine

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Andy Pope

How do I point out a specific date on a line graph in Excel?

Hi,

Here is another example.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng47.htm

Cheers
Andy

Keylay31 wrote:
Hello. I have a few series on a line graph in excel. I want to point out
specific dates without having to manually add a arrow, textbox, or line.
Ideally, I would like to be able to have a vertical line on a specific date
that would indicate before and after. Thanks.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info