-   -   Chart gridlines over an area graph (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/96539-chart-gridlines-over-area-graph.html)

frendabrenda1

Chart gridlines over an area graph

Good morning!

I have an excel chart with an area graph. When I add gridlines to the chart
the lines do not show over the colored area portion of the graph. i found a
button for droplines which added the Y axis lines, but have found nothing
that will show the X axis lines through the graph.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Have a GREAT day!

brenda

Andy Pope

Chart gridlines over an area graph

Hi,

You will need to draw the gridlines yourself using additional data series.
For horizontal gridlines you could use a series for each line, changing
the y value for each series.
Or a single series plotted as xyscatter. The x value would be 1 and the
y value will vary according to the required gridlines. You could then
use the X error bar with a fixed value to provide the lines.

See Jon Peltier's explanation,
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...Gridlines.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Del Cotter

Chart gridlines over an area graph

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
frendabrenda1 said:

I have an excel chart with an area graph. When I add gridlines to the chart
the lines do not show over the colored area portion of the graph. i found a
button for droplines which added the Y axis lines, but have found nothing
that will show the X axis lines through the graph.

Make fake gridlines by creating a data series that plots horizontal
lines, then make sure it's the last series so it plots on top of the
others. Jon Peltier's web site has examples.

--
Del Cotter