-   -   Creating Charts for Use in Powerpoint (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/95292-creating-charts-use-powerpoint.html)

tpearo

Creating Charts for Use in Powerpoint

I have a series of charts that I need to create for a Powerpoint
presentation.
I thought it would be easy to just create the charts/graphs in Excel
and then just cut and paste to the PP-Slides. I'm finding that it isn't
quite that easy.
Here are some of my problems that I hope someone might be able to shed
some light on and give me some direction.

1. In Excel how do you control the size of the chart?
- When I create a chart 1 and define the data ranges I get a good
looking chart then I thouht, why reinvent the wheel so I just copy the
chart to create chart 2 and change the data range, but for some reason
the chart appears to be a different size even if I haven't changed
anything except the data range(s).
2. How can I control the size of the objects in a chart so that they
are always the same? When I copy and paste to Powerpoint the charts
come in at different sizes. Then when I go to the slide presentation
the objects in the slides appear to move around. I am trying to
standardize on the chart sizes in Excel - thinking that this might be
the problem. But even when I copy and paste a chart on a spreadsheet it
appears to change the size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - as my frustration level is on
the RISE.

Thanks in advance,

tpearo

--