-   -   Chart that will expand to aditional rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/92784-chart-will-expand-aditional-rows.html)

pokdbz

Chart that will expand to aditional rows

I have a chart now with this in the data range:
=PHQChartQuery!$A$2:$C$7

But I would like it to look like this
=PHQChartQuery!$A$2:$C$500

But when I do there there alot of extra points on the graph. I would like
it to only show on the graph only the rows that have data in them and then if
I add data later on it will update the graph. So I don't have to keep
redoing the range everytime data is entered.

Is this possible?

Andy Pope

Chart that will expand to aditional rows

Hi,

You need to use named ranges with dynamic formula.
Have a look at Jon Peltier's page, which contains information on the
technique and links to other sites.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

HEK

Chart that will expand to aditional rows

Yes, make a so-called "dynamic named range" with OFFSET, see for instance
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic
GL,
Henk

"pokdbz" wrote:

I have a chart now with this in the data range:
=PHQChartQuery!$A$2:$C$7

But I would like it to look like this
=PHQChartQuery!$A$2:$C$500

But when I do there there alot of extra points on the graph. I would like
it to only show on the graph only the rows that have data in them and then if
I add data later on it will update the graph. So I don't have to keep
redoing the range everytime data is entered.

Is this possible?

pokdbz

Chart that will expand to aditional rows

I'm not quite sure what to do with the Refers to: for the offset

Here is what my data looks like in the excel sheet
SSN PHQDate PHQTOT
111111111 5/23/2006 13
111111111 5/24/2006 14
111111111 5/25/2006 12
111111111 5/26/2006 13
111111111 6/2/2006 13

My sheet is called PHQChartQuery
and the file is called PHQChart

Would you be able to help me out edit the offset for my data?