-   -   Data showing incorrectly on line chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/92521-data-showing-incorrectly-line-chart.html)

gobonniego

Data showing incorrectly on line chart

I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of
two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My
chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the
chart itself, my data starts being placed at about 6,000 (for both 24 "F"
calls and 649 "M" calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000
(for a figure that should only be just above 7000). When I hover over the
points, it give me the right number, yet it shows it in the wrong place.

I've tried to change the scale of my Y axis, but when I am able to so (2 out
of 5 times) my data then goes off the chart. So I've looked at my data to
see if it's fouled up. But it shows exactly like I want it on the
spreadsheed and there are no formulas in the cells.

Any clues? I'm using Excel 2002.

Andy Pope

Data showing incorrectly on line chart

Hi,

Are you using a stacked line chart by any chance?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel