-   -   Excel chart, changing into sections to color (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/92297-excel-chart-changing-into-sections-color.html)

rrupp

Excel chart, changing into sections to color

I have a line chart. The user is dividing the chart, manually, with verticle
lines. In one section, he wants the chart to be red, in the next section he
wants it blue and the third section he wants it yellow. I think it's a neat
concept but in trying everything I can think of, I'm not thinking it's
possible. The lines color cannot be changed mid-stream. Any thoughts??

Jon Peltier

Excel chart, changing into sections to color

Do you want the lines or the background to change color?

Here are examples showing in principle how to change colors behind the
lines:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...tml#Background

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"rrupp" wrote in message
I have a line chart. The user is dividing the chart, manually, with
verticle
lines. In one section, he wants the chart to be red, in the next section
he
wants it blue and the third section he wants it yellow. I think it's a
neat
concept but in trying everything I can think of, I'm not thinking it's
possible. The lines color cannot be changed mid-stream. Any thoughts??

Andy Pope

Excel chart, changing into sections to color

Hi,

If you want the line to change colour at the mid points of a section
then one way would be to use additional data series with twice as many
data points. You will need to link to the original data points and
calculate via formula the new mid points.

See example chart and file I have created.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng50.htm

Cheers
Andy

--