-   -   Chart: range info from seriescollection? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/90190-chart-range-info-seriescollection.html)

Excelerate-nl

Chart: range info from seriescollection?

I would like to fill a combobox (Rowsource) with data that are used in for
instance the XValues or Values of a Seriescollection of a graph.
"ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values" does not give the right type (I was
hoping for a string type of info like "Sheet1.Range(a1:a10)").
How to get a Range to be used as Rowsource for my combobox???

Thanks for your suggestions,

JB

Jon Peltier

Chart: range info from seriescollection?

The Values and XValues will return an array of values. To get the range
address like this, you will need to parse the series formula. Or you could
use John Walkenbach's class module for extracting elements of the chart
series:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP