-   -   How do I add a goal line to a stacked bar chart in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/89606-how-do-i-add-goal-line-stacked-bar-chart-excel.html)

rheinzy

How do I add a goal line to a stacked bar chart in excel?

I have a stacked bar chart of categories that total 100% sorted in 'ease of
resolution' order. I want to include a "goal" line that would show a varying
goal throughout the year. (85% - Jan, 86% Feb, etc.) The result would
identify how close to goal could be achieved by resolving the issues in order.

ShaneDevenshire

How do I add a goal line to a stacked bar chart in excel?

You say a goal bar but then it sounds like you want a collection of goal bars?

For one goal bar - add another series to your chart with the value of the
goal at all points: .85,.85,.85,.85 ....

After plotting it select the new series on the chart and choose Chart, Chart
Type and pick Line.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"rheinzy" wrote:

I have a stacked bar chart of categories that total 100% sorted in 'ease of
resolution' order. I want to include a "goal" line that would show a varying
goal throughout the year. (85% - Jan, 86% Feb, etc.) The result would
identify how close to goal could be achieved by resolving the issues in order.

Jon Peltier

How do I add a goal line to a stacked bar chart in excel?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions