-   -   Can't change gridlines colour a second time (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/88161-cant-change-gridlines-colour-second-time.html)

AlisonB

Can't change gridlines colour a second time

Hi,

I changed my chart gridlines to white to make them invisible and I now
want to change them back but I can't find them! When I scroll over the
chart I can only click on the plot area, not the white grid lines.

Can someone tell me how to change the colour again?

Kind regards,

Alison

David Biddulph

Can't change gridlines colour a second time

"AlisonB" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I changed my chart gridlines to white to make them invisible and I now
want to change them back but I can't find them! When I scroll over the
chart I can only click on the plot area, not the white grid lines.

Can someone tell me how to change the colour again?

Have you tried clicking on the right hand or top edge of the chart? If your
axis & gridline spacings are still on the auto settings, you'll normally
find a grid line at the edge.

Another way, if you can't find the white lines on the white plot area, is to
change the plot area colour to something other than white.
--
David Biddulph

AlisonB

Can't change gridlines colour a second time

Doh! Can't believe I didn't think of that! Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Alison

Jon Peltier

Can't change gridlines colour a second time

Another way is to select them in the chart element drop down on the chart
toolbar.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"AlisonB" wrote in message
oups.com...
Doh! Can't believe I didn't think of that! Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Alison

Andy Pope

Can't change gridlines colour a second time

Yet another way is to use the cursor keys to cycle through chart elements.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip003.htm

Cheers
Andy

AlisonB wrote:
Doh! Can't believe I didn't think of that! Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Alison

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel