-   -   Dynamic chart: Changing Ranges (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/85775-dynamic-chart-changing-ranges.html)

Benihime

Dynamic chart: Changing Ranges

Hi:

I have a set of data, going across by months, and going down into different
categories that I have to graph using stacked column charts. Since the data
is going to be in the same columns, just going down a category...I'd like to
know if there is a way for me to add some kind of drop-down to the chart so
that users can just drop-down to CATEGORY 1, and see the chart for CATEGORY
1, without me having to build 10 different charts that i'll have to update
everytime i add new data.

I would appreciate any advice or feedback.

HEK

Dynamic chart: Changing Ranges

Hello:
Check out Jon Peltier's website. It looks like
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...ByControl.html is what you are
looking for.
GL,
Henk

"Benihime" wrote:

Hi:

I have a set of data, going across by months, and going down into different
categories that I have to graph using stacked column charts. Since the data
is going to be in the same columns, just going down a category...I'd like to
know if there is a way for me to add some kind of drop-down to the chart so
that users can just drop-down to CATEGORY 1, and see the chart for CATEGORY
1, without me having to build 10 different charts that i'll have to update
everytime i add new data.

I would appreciate any advice or feedback.

Jon Peltier

Dynamic chart: Changing Ranges

This is great. I don't even have to look up links on my web site any more,
because someone's sure to have beaten me to it!

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services