-   -   Charts for printing (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/84513-charts-printing.html)

Maxal

Charts for printing

Hi all,

I am new to Excel and using 2004 (Mac) version it to create graphs for
printing in magazines and newspapers. Currently I save a graph in png
and convert it to eps so that it could be used for printing. The
problem is that charts lose their shine and appear blury in publication
— unlike charts made in Illustrator and Freehand.

1: Is there any proper solution to save a chart and use it in a way so
that it does not blur after printing?

2: Can an Excel graph really compete with graphs made in Illustrator or
Freehand when it comes to clearlity crispness?

3: Is there any other program that is especially and exceptionally
great for charting for publication purpose?

Thanx a lot guys
Max :)

--
Maxal
Maxal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33717

Jon Peltier

Charts for printing

Rather than using PNG as an intermediate format, why not use PDF? I don't
know much about the fine details, and I don't use a Mac. But I make some
charts for a client, not fancy charts with lots of shine and fancy
formatting. I print the sheets with charts as PDF, and they render very well
(clear and crisp, not at all blurry or pixelly) in the client's glossy
brochures.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP