-   -   How to select data series to format? (alternative needed) (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/84357-how-select-data-series-format-alternative-needed.html)

[email protected]

How to select data series to format? (alternative needed)

Is there an alternate way to select a data series to format
in an XY Scatter chart?

The only way I know of is to move the cursor close to the
series line and right-click.

But if the chart includes many data series and the lines
are close together, it is difficult, if not "impossible", to
select the desired line.

I am looking for a method that presents me with a list
of all the data series, and I select the one I want to
"right click" (i.e. open the menu that include format,
add trendline and clear, among others).

Or something else that would not be so difficult to use.

Andy Pope

How to select data series to format? (alternative needed)

Hi,

You can use the cursor keys to cycle through the chart elements. More
explanation can be found here.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip003.htm

One you have the correct element selected use CTRL+1 to display the
format dialog. Or use the Format menu.

The chart toolbar include a dropdown list of chart elements which will
select the choosen item. To display the chart toolbar either right-click
a toolbar to display a popup of available toolbars or use the menu View
Toolbars Chart

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

[email protected]

"Andy Pope" wrote:
You can use the cursor keys to cycle through the chart
elements. More explanation can be found here.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip003.htm
One you have the correct element selected use CTRL+1
to display the format dialog. Or use the Format menu.

Terrific! Thanks much.