-   -   Calculate and display standard error (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/84049-calculate-display-standard-error.html)

harrynatick

Calculate and display standard error

I can see how to add standard error indicators to a line graph, and I can
certainly computer standard errors for my data, but how does one connect the
two? That is how can one display computed standard error bars above and below
data points?

Andy Pope

Calculate and display standard error

Hi,

On the Y Error Bars tab of the format dialog is the option to define
custom +/- values. These can be linked directly to the computed values
you already have.

See Jon Peltier's explanation.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html

Cheers