-   -   How use name refs for Source Data? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/83503-how-use-name-refs-source-data.html)

[email protected]

How use name refs for Source Data?

In Source Data Series Y Values, I want to use name
references (e.g. 'Sheet 1'!Foo:Bar or simply Foo:Bar).
Excel 2003 does not seem to permit that. I also tried
using a named range (e.g. 'Sheet 1'!FooBar or simply
FooBar), to no avail.

Is there some way that I can avoid absolute references
in the chart Source Data?

Andy Pope

How use name refs for Source Data?

Hi,

You can use named ranges to define chart data. This example uses a
workbook and worksheet level names.

=SERIES(,Sheet1!ChtLabels,Book1.xls!ChtData,1)

Here is a collection of dynamic charting examples,

http://processtrends.com/pg_dynamic_charts.htm
http://www.xl-logic.com/xl_files/cha...ic_chart_3.zip
http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount...e=FunChrt1.zip
http://www.xl-logic.com/xl_files/cha...ic_chart_1.zip