-   -   constant value in a chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/83489-constant-value-chart.html)

Renaud_D

constant value in a chart

Hello,
How can I display a constant value as a line in a chart? For example, let's
assume that I track a variable x across time with n values. In the
spreadsheet, I calculated the average of the n observations. I'd like to
display this average value as a line in the chart so that it is easy to
visually relate any point in the date serie to this average value.
thanks in advance for any hint...

Kelly O'Day

constant value in a chart

Renaud_D

This link shows you how to add a horizontal line to your chart.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm

Kelly

"Renaud_D" wrote in message
Hello,
How can I display a constant value as a line in a chart? For example,
let's
assume that I track a variable x across time with n values. In the
spreadsheet, I calculated the average of the n observations. I'd like to
display this average value as a line in the chart so that it is easy to
visually relate any point in the date serie to this average value.
thanks in advance for any hint...

Renaud_D

constant value in a chart

Hello Kelly,

Splendid! Worked like a charm. Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Renaud Dainville, Brussels

"Renaud_D" wrote in message
Hello,
How can I display a constant value as a line in a chart? For example,
let's
assume that I track a variable x across time with n values. In the
spreadsheet, I calculated the average of the n observations. I'd like to
display this average value as a line in the chart so that it is easy to
visually relate any point in the date serie to this average value.
thanks in advance for any hint...

Andy_jm[_2_]

constant value in a chart

I just tried this and there was no line ... do you have any other pointers?

"Renaud_D" wrote in message
Hello,
How can I display a constant value as a line in a chart? For example,
let's
assume that I track a variable x across time with n values. In the
spreadsheet, I calculated the average of the n observations. I'd like to
display this average value as a line in the chart so that it is easy to
visually relate any point in the date serie to this average value.
thanks in advance for any hint...

Jon Peltier[_2_]

constant value in a chart

You may have to format this added series so the markers don't show but
the lines do. Or perhaps seeing the technique explained differently may
help:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier