-   -   all points on a xy graph (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/83463-all-points-xy-graph.html)

Stressed Dissertation Author

all points on a xy graph

Thanks to people's answers I have managed to create a basic correlation
scattergram. I only have 18 participants, each with two values to correlate.
However if two participants have the same results only one point is shown.
Therefore my scattergram only shows eight points when there are 18 values.
Does that make sense? If I was doing it manually I would simply put two marks
where two participants fall, pretty simple, but can't find how to do this in
excel.
Any help would be great.

[email protected]

all points on a xy graph

A surface plot may help. It can be used to show the frequency of
occurrence of data pairs.

HTH,
John

Mike Middleton

all points on a xy graph

Stressed -

You could use a manual method of "jittering."

For the data set being plotted, where there are two identical values, change
the worksheet values of either X or Y or both slightly so that two markers
will appear.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com