-   -   how do I plot a constant value in a line graph? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/82635-how-do-i-plot-constant-value-line-graph.html)

Debby Blaine

how do I plot a constant value in a line graph?

I would like to plot an upper and lower limit in my line graph of
experimental data - is there any easy way to do this? I know I have seen
people do it before with something like ={100,100} or something - but I can't
get it to fill every space across my data range. I am using Excel 2002.

Carim

how do I plot a constant value in a line graph?

Hi,
IMHO, I would add a line filled with the constant value ...

Cheers
Carim

--
Carim
Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33259

Andy Pope

how do I plot a constant value in a line graph?

Hi,

Here is a collection of examples of adding datum lines to charts

http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts...nes/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm
http://www.processtrends.com/pg_char...ontal_line.htm

Cheers
Andy

Debby Blaine wrote:
I would like to plot an upper and lower limit in my line graph of
experimental data - is there any easy way to do this? I know I have seen
people do it before with something like ={100,100} or something - but I can't
get it to fill every space across my data range. I am using Excel 2002.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info