Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Adam WK

Default Connecting Points In An XY-Scatter Plot Graph

I made a data table to help me organize my workout schedule at the gym. On
the X-axis I used the date, and for the y-axis I have weight. I have several
different excersizes, and thus several different plots (on the same graph). I
don't do every excersize every time so the points are some what scattered.
The graph is a "XY (Scatter) with data points connected by lines."

Ok. My problem is that the points of a line are only connected when I do the
same excercise twice in a row (not row as in column). For example; on
04/06/06 and 04/08/06 I do bicep curls, the points are connected. But if I
work out a day inbetween those two, and do not do that excercise, the points
won't connect! Note that on the inbetween day I leave the space in my data
table blank.

Having the graph set up in this manner lets me see how often I work out on a
particular machine, and the progress that I have made over time. I want to
keep the graph this way if possible.

Thanks for all of your help.
I know my post is somewhat long, but I didn't want it to be ambiguous. And
frankly I want to get an answer that works.

Sincerely,
Adam WK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Select the chart, go to Tools menu Options Chart, and choose
Interpolated for how you want Excel to deal with the blank cells. This has
to be repeated for every chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______