-   -   using multipe source data to plot on one chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/78150-using-multipe-source-data-plot-one-chart.html)

tom zane

using multipe source data to plot on one chart

I have monthly data across several years. I want to chart SOME of the months.
The monthly data are in two different excel files. Can I create a chart using
some source data from one file and other source data from a second file?

IF the answer is that I have to use a pivot chart/table, I have tried that
and the pivot chart/table seems to ONLY plot aggregate data; that is, I
cannot figure out how a pivot table/chart can plot each month's data
separately.

THanks for any help.

Jon Peltier

using multipe source data to plot on one chart

This works for different workbooks as well as for different worksheets:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...iffSheets.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______