Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
RWB7s

Default How do I floodfill excel scatter charts only below the trendline?

Any idea how I can floodfill an Excel scatter chart, but only below the
trendline? I can easily flood fill the entire body of the chart, but I need
to fill only below or above the trendline, or a selected area of the chart.
Help! Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Here are some example of tricks to use for creating fill effects.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ndex.html#Fill
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...ial/index.html

If the trendline is a built-in trend line then you will need create
values by using formula.
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...Polynomial.htm
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/t...efficients.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Use the trendline coefficients to generate points in the worksheet, and use
this technique to produce a combination Area-XY chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ertErrBar.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______