-   -   Line Chart - 2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/76090-line-chart-2-a.html)

Aurora

Line Chart - 2

I am using Excel 2000

How do you tell which chart you have used? Ex: I have a line chart that
does exactly what I want it to do and another one that does not. How do I
tell which chart I used. I tried selecting the chart, right clicking the
mouse and when to chart type. The column/bar list was listed with the column
chart highlighted, but my chart is a line chart. How do I know which
sub-line-chart I chose?

Aurora

Tushar Mehta

Line Chart - 2

In article ,
says...
I am using Excel 2000

How do you tell which chart you have used? Ex: I have a line chart that
does exactly what I want it to do and another one that does not. How do I
tell which chart I used. I tried selecting the chart, right clicking the
mouse and when to chart type. The column/bar list was listed with the column
chart highlighted, but my chart is a line chart. How do I know which
sub-line-chart I chose?

Aurora

Interesting question...but I suspect the answer is "you cannot." Remember
that after you select a particular chart from the chart wizard's template
nothing stops you from modifying the chart so that it looks nothing like any
of the template choices. Effectively, the template choices are only
starting options.

What you can do is select a chart then select Chart | Chart Type... That
might help. But, if you have some kind of combination chart you will have
to select each individual series and then select Chart | Chart Type...

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions