-   -   Many low values, one high value- how do I avoid skewed chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/74930-many-low-values-one-high-value-how-do-i-avoid-skewed-chart.html)

bpmedtech

Many low values, one high value- how do I avoid skewed chart?

I am trying to show a range of values (y-axis) in which on value is much
larger than the rest. I would like to know if anyone can suggest a way to
alter the y-axis so that my low values are not grossly skewed by the one high
value.

Thanks

Jon Peltier

Many low values, one high value- how do I avoid skewed chart?

1. Use a logarithmic scale
2. Make a broken axis:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______