-   -   Adding data series to chart via macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/74771-adding-data-series-chart-via-macro.html)

JessK

Adding data series to chart via macro

I have a macro that adds rows of data to a summary table. I would like to
update my chart by adding a new series for each new row of data, but the
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(N) command will not accept a variable for N.

for example, the command will add Data series # 3 with N=3, but if I create
a variable "run_num" set equal to the # of the current data series (ie,
run_num = Range("A5").Value), then the command does not work.

How can this be done so that the added series increments each time the macro
adds a new row of data?

Jon Peltier

Adding data series to chart via macro

That line of code should be fine. You didn't share with us the code leading
up to it, the error description, the value of N, the number of series in the
chart (did you make sure you have at least N series?), the data in the
source data range.

There are some VBA-Chart code examples on this web page which you may find
helpful:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...kChartVBA.html

- Jon
-------