Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Larissa

Default vertical line chart

I need plot readings for 2 different meters for 31 days so that my lines in
the line chart go vertically. Is this possible? Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Make an XY chart, with the date for Y and the meter readings for X. Make the
chart with one series, then copy the second set of data, select the chart,
and use Paste Special from the Edit menu to paste the data as a new series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Larissa" wrote in message
I need plot readings for 2 different meters for 31 days so that my lines in
the line chart go vertically. Is this possible? Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Larissa

Thank you Jon, it did not work the way you have outlined it, but combined
with my visit to your website yesterday it gave food for thought and I just
did it the following way:
I highlighted all 3 colums of data, went to chart wizard, chose scatter
chart, and then is step 2 of wizard specified what data for both series
should be treated as x, what data should be treated as y and what should be
treated as names of series. From that point on it was a matter of setting the
scale for axis x correctly to see exactly what I intended to appear on the
chart.
Great stuff, now I am thinking outside the box.

Larissa

"Larissa" wrote in message
I need plot readings for 2 different meters for 31 days so that my lines in
the line chart go vertically. Is this possible? Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Hi Larissa -

Great stuff, now I am thinking outside the box.

Best place to be.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______