-   -   excel chart and data don't match, help (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/74420-excel-chart-data-dont-match-help.html)

uwcoug

excel chart and data don't match, help

I have a large spreadsheet and when I try to plot columns in a scatter plot I
don't get what is in the columns. For example this is what you get when you
click on a ponit in the chart,

Series 1 Point "1.230"
(2371, 18.41)

The actual data point is 1.230,18.41, the 2371 is nowhere to be found in
either column or the whole spreadsheet for that matter.
Help!

Kelly O'Day

excel chart and data don't match, help

How do you have your data organized? If you repost with an example of 5 -
10 rows, I'll try to reproduce your problem and see if I have a solution.

"uwcoug" wrote in message
I have a large spreadsheet and when I try to plot columns in a scatter plot
don't get what is in the columns. For example this is what you get when
you
click on a ponit in the chart,

Series 1 Point "1.230"
(2371, 18.41)

The actual data point is 1.230,18.41, the 2371 is nowhere to be found in
either column or the whole spreadsheet for that matter.
Help!

uwcoug

excel chart and data don't match, help

I just now figured out my problem. In my 4500 row by O column wide
spreadsheet, I had 3 cells that were blank. By putting in -99 for missing
values, the plot gets the right data pairs. Kelly, thank you for responding.
Cheers,
uwcoug