-   -   When inserting a simple "Sum" formula all I get is the formula. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/74419-when-inserting-simple-sum-formula-all-i-get-formula.html)

Chris Bowling

When inserting a simple "Sum" formula all I get is the formula.

I need to see the calculation and not the formula. I've used this process for
years and have never had problems.

davesexcel

When inserting a simple "Sum" formula all I get is the formula.

goto tools=options=view and make sure formulas are not ticked off

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Bernard Liengme

When inserting a simple "Sum" formula all I get is the formula.

1) Make sure the cell is not formatted Text; if so, format it General then
open the cell (F2 or double click) then Enter.
2) Make sure you do not have View Formulas on: hold CTRL+` (the key to left
of 1 on top row of so-called typewriter keys)
If nothing works: enter some simple formula { =A1+A2 } somewhere and tell us
what results
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme