-   -   how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/72930-how-creat-chart-t-diffrrent-scales.html)

ramki

how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

hi can any one help me in creating a chart with 2 diff. y axis scales
like 0 to 1000 and 0 to 0.001 but x axis being the same or vice versa
please

Andy Pope

how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

Hi,

You will need 3 columns of data.
Column A contains x axis labels
Column B contains data with values in the range 0 to 1000
Column C contains data with values in the range 0 to 0.0001

Select all the data and use the chart wizard to create a line chart.
Select the 2nd series, one with the values 0 to 0.0001, press CTRL+1 to
bring up the format dialog. On the Axis tab choose Secondary axis.

If you want a chart type of column then you will need to stagger your
data in order to avoid overlapping columns.
See Jon Peltier's page of links for more information on cluster &
stacked column charts.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

ramki

how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

yeah that worked thank youvery much Andy

bye

ramki wrote:
hi can any one help me in creating a chart with 2 diff. y axis scales
like 0 to 1000 and 0 to 0.001 but x axis being the same or vice versa
please

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

ramki

how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

what if i have to creat an Xy scatter chart and still have 2 differrent y
axis or 2 differrent x axis can you tell me? please

ramki wrote:
hi can any one help me in creating a chart with 2 diff. y axis scales
like 0 to 1000 and 0 to 0.001 but x axis being the same or vice versa
please

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Andy Pope

how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales

Hi,

See this page for details on how to display the secondary x axis.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm

Cheers
Andy