-   -   Charts - Trends - Excel Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/70643-charts-trends-excel-formula.html)

Siggsy007

Charts - Trends - Excel Formula

Hi..

I use Business Objects at work - an old version - and trying to apply
trends to charts created (I know so far not excel related - please read
on!!)

I can do it by creating home made calulations, but need to know if
anyone would know the actual formula excel would apply when you click
on the add trends line in the charts options???

Help!!

--
Siggsy007
Siggsy007's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14529

Tushar Mehta

Charts - Trends - Excel Formula

XL calculates the coefficients based on the kind of trendline you want. It
does so by minimizing the sum of squares of the errors.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

Hi..

I use Business Objects at work - an old version - and trying to apply
trends to charts created (I know so far not excel related - please read
on!!)

I can do it by creating home made calulations, but need to know if
anyone would know the actual formula excel would apply when you click
on the add trends line in the charts options???

Help!!

--
Siggsy007
Siggsy007's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510532

Siggsy007

Charts - Trends - Excel Formula

I need calcualtions for the linear trend...