-   -   Graphing using text?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/70090-graphing-using-text.html)

PG Oriel

Graphing using text??

I am a schoolteacher and grade pupils on levels which have lettered bands
within, such as 6a, 6b, 6c etc.

Is there a way to plot these on an excel chart without meassigning them
values, such as 68, 65, 62 etc?????

Please help...

Maybe it is a programming issue so I post there too.

Thanks.

Jon Peltier

Graphing using text??

You do need to assign numerical values, because Excel plots text as zero.
You could use a lookup table for this. To make the axis display text instead
of numbers, use a dummy series as your new axis:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html

- Jon
-------