-   -   Anyone know how to create a hyperlink inside an Excel pie chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/69218-anyone-know-how-create-hyperlink-inside-excel-pie-chart.html)

HyperChart

Anyone know how to create a hyperlink inside an Excel pie chart?

Anyone know how to create a hyperlink inside an Excel pie chart?

Andy Pope

Anyone know how to create a hyperlink inside an Excel pie chart?

Hi,

You will have to capture mouse clicks via the chart events, see Jon
Peltier's explanation.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

To mimic the the hyperlink use something like,

Activeworkbook.FollowHyperlink [address]

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Kellie

Anyone know how to create a hyperlink inside an Excel pie chart?

Yes.
Create the pie chart, (I always use 'insert as new sheet' option).

Draw a text box onto the pie chart and type in the web address.

I then selected the text box ( so I got the dots around the text box not the
lines) and right-clicked and the Hyperlink option was there.

You can type the URL into the normal place as you would for any hyperlink.

After this, any time I did a new text box and typed in a www. URL it
automatically recognised it and I didn't have to right-click and select
Hyperlink.

Hope this helps?