-   -   Creating an age or service spread chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/69008-creating-age-service-spread-chart.html)

Dave Bradshaw

Creating an age or service spread chart

I have an XL2003 spreadsheet containing employee names, departments and dates
of birth. I would like to set up charts showing (a) how many people are in
each department and (b) how many people are of each age.
--
Dave B

Don Guillett

Creating an age or service spread chart

You could set up a separate table to get the info. List the departments and
use an indirect sumproduct formula such as

=SUMPRODUCT((ChecksB=B10)*1)
or
=SUMPRODUCT((ChecksB=B10)*ChecksD)

--