-   -   Moving Average Trendline (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/68275-moving-average-trendline.html)

KT

Moving Average Trendline

The graph I am creating has a lot of noise in it. I want to smooth it out.
Right now I am using a moving average trendline that kind of does the trick.
When I do this I want to be able to work with the points that it has created
to make the trendline. Is there a way to get the points that this line makes
up? Or is there a way to filter the points in the graph such as take every
tenth data point or would I have to do that with the original set used to
make the graph by using a macro or something like that?

Jon Peltier

Moving Average Trendline

You can calculate your own moving average. Say your data is in column D,
starting in cell D2. To do a 10-point moving average, start in cell E11, and
enter this formula:

=average(D2:D11)

fill this down to the end of the data in column D. Plot this data in your
chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP